Article Processing Charges
From January 2024- the Journal of Chemistry and Environment will charge a 200 USD Article Processing Fee to cover the costs of peer review, editing, production, and hosting. This fee helps to ensure that the journal can continue to provide a high-quality publishing service. There is no submission or other fee in this journal.
Journal of Chemistry and Environment is committed to making academic knowledge accessible to everyone, regardless of financial barriers. As such, authors and institutions with limited funds may be eligible for a waiver of the article processing charge (APC). Authors from low and middle-income countries may apply for a waiver or discount. Journal of Chemistry and Environment reserves the right to approve or reject a waiver application. Check your country here. World Bank list of Economies
APC is based on the affiliation of the first and corresponding author. Only the principal and corresponding authors can claim an exemption or a discount on the publication fee (author fee).
Note: Authors who are interested in applying for a waiver could contact the Journal of Chemistry and Environment or fill out this form online to reserves the right to approve or reject a waiver application.
Article Processing Charge Covered Journal Operation
We are committed to making the costs of publishing as clear as possible. The article processing charge covers the costs of turning a manuscript into a finished article and hosting, distributing and promoting an article.
When a manuscript is submitted, it passes through different stages at the Journal of Chemistry and Environment to ensure the quality checks, peer review, production, and promotion of articles are carried out promptly and to a high standard:
- The Editorial Screening team performs initial technical and ethical checks.
- The Editorial team helps the journal's Academic Editors manage the review process.
- The Production team converts the manuscript to a professionally typeset article.
- The Proofing team coordinates the proofing process.
- The Editorial Quality Assurance team performs a final check to ensure that the manuscript and its review process adhere to the journal's guidelines and policies.
- The Marketing and Communication team ensures that the article receives the attention it deserves.
- The Technology team builds and maintains the systems and develops new systems.
- Journal indexing, archiving in all relevant academic and national databases etc
The work these teams do contributes to the requirement of an APC, which is why the actual amount payable may vary with time.